Ready to be Embroidered on in Seven Simple Steps
Easy and convenient the baseball cap can be hooped and ready to be embroidered on in seven simple steps.
- • Step 1- Pull shiny backing off of adhesive stabilizer. Adhere to the bottom of the Cap Hoopster. If the stabilizer has a hard time sticking, you may have to wrap around the edges of the Cap Hoopster.
- • Step 2- Determine where design will go on the cap. The use of a water-soluble pin will help center design. Just make sure a vertical and horizontal line intersecting at the center point of the design.
- • Step 3- Loosen visor clamp by turning thumbscrews. Attach clear template with two holes to the two small pegs on the visor clamp. Loosen back strap on cap and slide the visor under the template and visor clamp. Center the area of the cap that will be embroidered. The markings on the cap and the template will help you to do this.
- • Step 4- Make sure sweat band is pulled back before you tighten down on thumbscrew.
- a) You must prevent the sweatband from being stitched to the cap. Taping or pinning the sweat band may be necessary.
- b) Stand-up buckram (a non-fused backing) must be pulled back with sweatband. Cutting buckram liner an inch or two on each side, where it is stitched to the visor, will allow it to be pulled back neatly.
- • Step 5- Press the cap down against the adhesive backing starting in the middle and working out. The cap must be as flat and smooth as possible.
- • Step 6- Clamp the Cap Hoopster to the outer machine hoop on the side opposite where the machine hoop attaches to the embroidery unit.
- • Step 7- Turn your machine on and set it up for embroidery as usual. Turn embroidery unit on and attach attach machine hoop. You may have to remove the foot and/or shank to do this. Use curser keys to center needle and begin to embroider designs onto the cap. Remember, design must be rotated clockwise a quarter turn.
Hoops will fit these machines:
- • The Brother SE-270D
- • The Brother SE-350
- • The Brother SE-400
- • The Brother HE-120
- • The Brother HE-240
- • The Brother Innovis 500D
- • The Brother Innovis 900D
- • The Brother Innovis 950D
- • The Brother LB6770PRW
- • The Brother LB6800PRW
* Note: The above models only work with the 4" x 4" Embroidery Field Hoop.
- • Instructions for Using Hat Hoop
- • Hat Hoop Template